In celebration of our new release, Healthy Women, Healthy World, Emmy-nominated food expert, television host, producer and The New York Times best-selling author, Padma Lakshmi has paired 3 delicious recipes with our new wine.
For this second pairing, Padma has created Sauteed Calamari with Checca paired with our 1 in 10 ~ 2020 WHITE BLEND.
Fresh calamari is best but not always readily available. If you have a local fish market you can usually find it there but if not, frozen calamari defrosted under cold water works well too.
1. Wash the calamari and dry the rings on paper towels.
2. Soak the calamari in the milk, mixing with a fork to distribute milk over all of
the calamari surfaces. Let sit for a least 5 – 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
3. Melt the olive oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Shake the calamari to rid it of excess milk. Toss the calamari in bunces with the
seasoned bread crumbs in a brown paper or plastic bag. Shake well to coat all
5. When the oil and butter are nice and hot, stir-fry the calamari until crispy but
not rubbery on the inside, no more than 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Toss in the tomatoes, parsley, jalapeno, rock salt and lemon juice. Remove from heat and stir. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6