This policy covers the following:
- Defines what information is collected from our customers.
- Describes how consumer personal information is used.
- How and why we share information to 3rd party partners.
- Explains the process to have personal information disclosed and/or deleted by customer.
- Defines the California residents' rights under the CCPA.
Collection of Information
- TC collects information provided by customers in the course of handling business transactions including but not limited to: Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email Address, birth date, personal interests or preferences, purchases made, payment information such as bank account and payment card numbers, expiration dates required to execute your transaction.
- Other information that may be collected include computer, mobile device, and/or browser information such as location, hardware & software information, as well as other non-personal information such as access times, domains, browser type, operating system, IP Addresses, and cookie information.
- Cookies, web beacons, and other technologies may be used to analyze and track usage data, determine popularity of certain content, and deliver advertising.
Use of Information
- We use information provided by customers to process transactions and fulfill orders.
- We use information to manage wine club programs and other loyalty programs.
- Data is used to send customers news and information regarding our services, promotions, events, etc.
- We may use information to track and analyze trends in connection to our services, to improve content, and for advertising of our services and products.
- We may collect information to verify your identity, age, or to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. TC assumes no liability or responsibility to undertake any specific investigation or fraud prevention activities.
Sharing of Information
We may share Information about you as follows:
- With 3rd parties that provide information processing services with us for the purpose of processing payment card transactions, management of wine clubs, shipment compliance, and other entities that are part of the payment or shipment process.
- In response to a request by law enforcement or other governmental entity or court order or subpoena: if under a legal obligation to do so.
- TC does not sell any identifiable personal information obtained from our customers.
- We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information to 3rd parties for the purpose of analytics on our services.
- TC takes appropriate and commercially reasonable measures including administrative, technical and physical safeguards, to protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Contracts with 3rd party partners who process and/or store personal information require provisions regarding data security and unauthorized access.
- No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure and TC cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us.
- Customers will be notified if any third party interference occurs.
- TC intends to keep your information secure, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Customers have the right to inquire about and review the data TC collected from you.
- Customers also have the right to have collected data deleted.
- In order to review, correct, restrict, or delete your information TC collected and have on file, please take one of the following actions:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies, however our services may not function properly if you do so.
- If you are a customer certain information must be maintained to properly service your account. For example, to process a club order we would need name, address, payment information, and club preferences.
- Be aware that even if you request information to be removed from our systems, such information may never be completely removed due to technical and legal constraints, including backup and disaster recovery systems.
Your California Privacy Rights
- California law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we collect for residents and about information we disclose to third parties. If you would like to request access to this information or request deletion of personal information, please contact us using one of the contact options listed in the Your Options section.
- Please note, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. This could be thru verifying two to three data points regarding your identity.
- Pursuant to the CCPA legislation, you have the following rights: (i) the right to receive this privacy notice, (ii) the rights to know the personal information that is being collected by us (which information we have provided to you above); (iii) the right to prevent the sale of personal information (we do not sell personal information), (iv) the right to access your personal information and/or request deletion of your personal information (a consumer may make a request for personal information or erasure request twice in a twelve-month period. TC has 45 days from a request to respond) and (v) the right to equal services and prices, even if you exercise your privacy rights (TC does not charge any fee or change any service provided based upon your exercise of any privacy rights).
- Please note that Teneral Cellars does not sell personal information.
- TC does not direct services toward individuals under the age of twenty-one years of age and nor do we knowingly collect personal information from minors.
Come work with us!
Teneral Cellars was founded in Northern California in 2020. We are a certified women-owned and operated producer of sustainable, phenomenal wines, harnessing the power of business for good. Exceptional wine is our catalyst for connection, crucial conversations, and investments toward an equitable future for all women.
Though we are veterans of the industry, we are the first to disrupt it by creating a business that intentionally reflects the industry’s largest consumer….women. We are building a beautifully diverse team of women and work with women owned businesses as our suppliers and partners. We donate 10% of profits to organizations that empower women and promote gender and racial equity.